Yonex designed the new VCORE 98L 6th Gen Performance Tennis Racquets with one thing in mind – giving you more spin than ever before. Through extensive research and development - and feedback from touring pros - Yonex enhanced the new model with plenty of state-of-the-art technology to upgrade your own game. The precise engineering of the Yonex VCORE frame allows for versatile racquet movement and reduced air resistance. The VCORE will help you bring your best game to the court for an experience that’s extraordinary.
The VCORE 98L has been specifically designed for advanced players who value a smaller head size and thin beam. It has a control-minded string pattern at 16x19 and comes in at a strung weight of 10.6 ounces, which is great for plow-through on off-centered shots (not that any of us do that…). All of the technologies in this frame have been engineered so the player has ample access to spin. It is the perfect compliment for players looking to hit out on the ball, and generate penetrating, heavy topspin shots to boot.
- 2G-NAMD Flex Force: For aggressive, attacking spin: Incorporated in the upper throat to the lower frame, new Flex Force graphite allows for the racquet to quickly flex and snapback for maximum spin potential.
- Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM): For added touch and precision: a stretchy mesh material that is wrapped around the graphite within the grip to filter unwanted vibrations.
- String Sync Grommets: For ball bite and spin: a thin grommet nozzle is inserted into a larger frame hole allowing the string to move together with the grommet for faster snapback.
- Aerodynamic Technology: A faster frame for more spin: Aero Trench and Aero Fin Technology reduce air resistance or easy maneuverability and added spin.
- ISOMETRIC™: Compared to a conventional round frame, a square-shaped ISOMETRIC™ racquet generates a 7% larger sweet spot that delivers greater control without sacrificing power.
- Head Size: 98 sq. in MP
- Length: 27 inches
- Flex: 65 / Swing Weight: 307
- Balance: 6 Pts Head Light
- Weight: Strung — 10.8 oz / 306 g
- String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses
- Beam Width: 22.5/23/21mm