The Babolat Pure Drive is part of Babolat's Pure Drive series, designed to provide players with a combination of power and control. It is often favored by players who have a modern playing style, seeking to generate high racquet head speed to produce heavy topspin shots. The racquet's design aims to offer an ideal blend of power, spin, and maneuverability. The High Torsional Rigidity (HTR) system is a new lay-up composition in the hoop of the racquet for increased rigidity to produce explosive winners at will. New technology featuring extended wrapping of SMAC technology, the cutting-edge vibration filtration system integrated in the lay-up composition, provides an unrivaled feel at ball impact and a unique sound on every shot.
- Head Size: The head size is typically around 100 square inches. This head size offers a balance between power and control, providing a large enough sweet spot for forgiveness on off-center hits while still allowing players to maintain control over their shots.
- Length: The standard length of the Babolat Pure Drive is around 27 inches (68.5 cm). This is the standard length for most adult tennis racquets.
- Weight: The weight of the Pure Drive is usually in the range of 10.6 to 11.2 ounces (300 to 318 grams) unstrung. This weight class caters to a wide range of players, providing a good balance of stability and maneuverability.
- String Pattern: The Babolat Pure Drive often features a string pattern of 16 main strings by 19 cross strings. The open string pattern contributes to the racquet's spin potential, allowing the strings to move more freely and bite into the ball.
- Composition: The frame is usually constructed using a combination of graphite and other materials. The specific composition may vary slightly based on the model and year of production.